Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Sorry but this number is already registered

Geeks_Alex
Tutor

Can't register my device for the Insight App. Sorry but this Serial Number is already registered

Hello,

Hello, I did not buy my new NAS in a store but has someone. This person with whom I no longer have contact has registered the material with his email address and this causes me problem for example to test the application insight 2.0. If i need ton contact support, i need to register my NAS and i can't because SN is already register. Is there a solution ton unregister old email adress ?

Thanks

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Hello, I did not buy my new NAS in a store but has someone. This person with whom I no longer have contact has registered the material with his email address and this causes me problem for example to test the application insight 2.0. If i need ton contact support, i need to register my NAS and i can't because SN is already register. Is there a solution ton unregister old email adress ?

You can't re-register a used NAS - the warranty is not transferable, so Netgear doesn't allow it.  

ReadyCloud and other services aren't supposed to require device registration.  If the beta insight requires registration, then I think you should report that as a bug in insight. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

You can't re-register a used NAS - the warranty is not transferable, so Netgear doesn't allow it.  

ReadyCloud and other services aren't supposed to require device registration.  If the beta insight requires registration, then I think you should report that as a bug in insight. 

Message 2 of 3
Geeks_Alex
Tutor

Ok thanks !

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements