Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

5.1 Sometimes the Virtual LAG Ports are Shown (Spanning Tree). Sometimes Not (e.g. VLAN)

schumaku
Guru

5.1 Sometimes the Virtual LAG Ports are Shown (Spanning Tree). Sometimes Not (e.g. VLAN)

I don't get it - sometimes we get LAG "ports" presented e.g. for Spanning Tree config...

Spanning Tree - Ports and LAG.PNG

...and sometimes not e.g. for VLAN config...

VLAN no LAG.PNG

...while in each use case, the LAG ports shold be covered and available to apply setttings.

Message 1 of 3
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Re: 5.1 Sometimes the Virtual LAG Ports are Shown (Spanning Tree). Sometimes Not (e.g. VLAN)

Hello,

Good point in some areas but I can see scenarios where we would need the LAG to be there and times when LAG should not be listed. In the first screen shot we clearly need a lag port to be visible if we would like to select as part of the STP and when configuring VLAN it may be easier for customers to select the ports that they wish to tag/untag for their VLAN configuration. I can bring this one up with engineering to get their insight "no pun intended" on this Insight issue.

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: 5.1 Sometimes the Virtual LAG Ports are Shown (Spanning Tree). Sometimes Not (e.g. VLAN)

Thank you Josh!

In my opinion all controls must apply to LAG where LAG are involved. Ports member of a LAG must be marked accordingly, and virtually no controls or information should be visible - except when LAGs are configured and a member isn't added to a LAG (e.g. connectivity issue, 802.3ad port connected to a different peer port or LAG). 

Essentially we have the same confusion on all Netgear Managed and Smart/Web managed Web UI, too. This does make it difficult and hard for the network admins for no obvious reasons.

Insight, Insight App, Insight Web Portal, Insight Pro Web Portal should make things eaiser. 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements