Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cancel Owner invite/delete existing Owner

paulbourne1
Follower

Cancel Owner invite/delete existing Owner

I inadvertedly added my line manager as the owner of our internal organisation in Insight Pro. He was pending activation as an Owner but I want him to be a Manager.

I can't see any way to manage Owners or cancel Owner invites.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Hello,

With Insight you do have the ability to remove/modify managers in an Insight organization but not modify the roles of an Owner or Manager. This can be something we can improve with Insight and add in a future release. You can however, change the owner of an organization by editing the organization and changing the owner to a different owner. In the mean time let me send you a private message and see if we can work on resolving the issue you are running into with changing the Owners role.

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

@MrJoshW wrote:

With Insight you do have the ability to remove/modify managers in an Insight organization but not modify the roles of an Owner or Manager. This can be something we can improve with Insight and add in a future release.

Well, how many more years do we have to wait before Insight will differentiate between identities and roles? Identities are _people_. People can change in any organization. A person (identity) must be able to be associated to many different roles in various Insight and Insight Pro accounts. This must not require any support assistance.

Poor design - hardcoded roles are required for now. No other way than deploying technical email accounts (identities) instead of personal email for owner or manager.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements