Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Insight Pro requires EXTRA subscription to create support case???

SmartComsys
Follower

Insight Pro requires EXTRA subscription to create support case???

Hi There,

I am offering Wifi services for a couple of customers using Netgear Insight Pro.

I am required to buy Insight Pro subscriptions for each device.

I have a couple of WAC505s, WAC510s and some Insight swithes.

Today I had a simple Insight Pro support question, but I was unable to create a support case using the Insight App.

It now seems I have to buy extra support subscriptions for each device to be able to create support cases???

This must be a mistake. What is the Insight Pro subscription for if I can't get simple support and I now have to pay hundreds of Euro's for the devices to get support on the platform itself?

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Insight Pro requires EXTRA subscription to create support case???

In my understanding the Insight Pro subscription is for the advanced Insight services, as shown eg. in https://kb.netgear.com/000059597/What-do-I-need-to-know-about-NETGEAR-Insight-Pro-subscriptions - not covering hardware/firmware questions beyond of what Insight Premium or Insight Pro can handle.

Insight managed switches (like GC, WAC, ...) are coming with a lifetime chat support. So this option must exist for the product owner - and you must be logged with the account the devices are registered to. And hey, I know it's a nightmare because of Netgear famous non-existing proper identity management resp. the requirement for having different (not used for normal Netgear product registration) accounts for Insight Pro. So yes, when we're using our Insight Pro support account (Insight Manager role) we don't see any products for example, so no open support cases, too... Same for the Owner "role" (as there is no Netgear account!).  @YeZ  

Bring up your question here in the community.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements