Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Insight Support - Where, How?

schumaku
Guru

Insight Support - Where, How?

The Netgear Support Pages: Insight Management Solution does state "24/7 instant access to support".

When following the "Technical Support" link - being for a "Premium" account, being for an admin account, being for a manager account - we get redirected to the new (crappy designed - oversized fonts, ...) https://supportweb.netgear.com/my-products list. There we see all the hardware products, but no indiction of the Insight free or subscription services.

Conclude, as of writing, the Insigght Support does currently NOT exist - as it's simply not available...

Message 1 of 14
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Insight Support - Where, How?

@schumaku,

Kindly post screenshots.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 14
schumaku
Guru

@DaneA No idea what you want to proof from the poorly designed new support web. Insight is NOWHERE, it does not exist, it can't be selected, we can't file a support ticket. Ergo: No, we can't file Insight support tickets using the products once any hardware support options are gone. Conclude: No support for Insight!

Only physical Products show up in a completeley unstructured way, with a fat header for device classes like SMB Switches, Access Points, Hubs/Switches, ReadyNAS ... followed by a very small product name like GC510PP, MS510TX, ...

If, and only IF the device class is elevant, it ust be used for structuring of the page, in device class, model designation, and the Serial number .... What a pain finding the "right" e.g. WAC505 here requesting warrany exchange or support.

SMB Switches
-- GC510TP
---- Serial xxxxx
---- Serial xyzab
-- MS510TX
-- XS712T
---- Serial vcxy
-- XS728T
---- Serial 12345
---- Serial 23456
---- Serial 34567
Access Point
-- WAC505
---- Serial qwertz
---- Seral asdfg
-- WAC510
---- Serial yxcvb
---- Serial mnbvc
-- WAC540
--- Serial ...

Congratulations Netgear for the worst in in class business support Web design ever! From the old very poor my.netgear.com support pages to a crappy "new" design. Whoever is in charge or this should be fired.

From the Insight Web Portal - here from the paid(!!!) Insight Web Portal menu -> Technical Support ....

Insight Web Portal - Tech Support Link.PNG

...we're guided to this unstructured mess of data

Unstructured SupportWeb - no Insight.PNG

Message 3 of 14
schumaku
Guru

Got this by notification, but can't find the post here ....

===
When I clicked on https://supportweb.netgear.com/my-products you posted, it goes to the Insight Management Solution support page here and when you scroll down the page, there is a link to Contact Support.  
===

Neither from the Insight portal nor from the App this happens... here the Insight App:

Screenshot_20200611-180139.pngScreenshot_20200611-180149.png

There is NO INDICATION from here on how to find Insight support ...!!!

To make it even worse: On the KB link referred, I can only see this:
===

Complimentary Support

NETGEAR provides complimentary technical support for NETGEAR products for 90 days from the original date of purchase.

Contact Support

===

This complimentary support is not the promised "24/7 instant access to support" which is clearly unrelated on how old the Insight devices are...!!!

Your and our customers need a DIRECT way to create a ticket online - best on the supportweb page. Insight MUST show up there, at least for all subscribers and Insight resellers, and Insight business customers.

Message 4 of 14
schumaku
Guru

If I go out and create a ticket now (it's 06:15PM now here in Switzerland) I might be able to get it opened (e.g using an Insight device grrrrr), I get a ticket and a phone number. Calling the number will guide us over a menu, where it asks about consumer or business support, just to tell me that the German support was closed at 05:00 PM, and I should try tomorrow. Or I can choose the English support path and will wait for some 30..90 minutes in the consumer (!!!) queue, and it will tell me that I should create an online ticket for acellerated support. What We've done before already - but that ticket will hang in the German language queue, ... Then sombeody from the consumer support (with kind-of-English) will pick up, uhhh WAC5xxx or GC or CLoud Managed switches .... Sorry, we only support Nightawk here. Will forward you to anther departement, just to wayit another 30..90 minutes again. Just to get somebody on the phone who has no idea what Insight is. Seen that, done that.

This is not the promised 24/7 Insight support again.

Gee, yes ... I have some inofficial chat contacts ... but this can't be the solution.

Message 5 of 14
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@schumaku,

I have already sent an inquiry about your concern.  I'll post here once I got a feedback. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 14
YeZ
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert

You can call tech support by choosing whichever Insight-supported device, and NETGEAR support will cover the Insight topic for the device and general question as well. 

Message 7 of 14
schumaku
Guru

@YeZ wrote:

You can call tech support by choosing whichever Insight-supported device, and NETGEAR support will cover the Insight topic for the device and general question as well. 

No, we can't!

There is no open phone support available in most of the Netgear's markets outside of the US (and Australia if I'm not wrong) - no dial-up telephone numbers are published, neither for Europe nor for many other markets. We always need a ticket to get a phone number my friend! And filing a ticket isn't possible without a product - except for a hardware exchange.

And then again, European phone support times are limited to workday business hours only. Even if we have a ticket for a SBU product, call European support, get a message about the limited availability - we are redirected to the longest possible consumer product waiting line...

So in no aspect 24/7. And no business quality in call routing, too.

Message 8 of 14
schumaku
Guru

Any update here please?

Message 9 of 14
YeZ
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert

Each region does have a phone number, a user needs to open the case against a product in the Contact Us flow today.

The Contact Us page is the main way to get support. You can access the authenticated Contact Us page from MyNETGEAR > My Support page, or it is located https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

You get to this page from the Contact Us on the bottom of NETGEAR.com. 

Thank you. 

Message 10 of 14
schumaku
Guru

The product is clealry Insight resp. Insight Pro.

And look, customer support can't even help Insight Pro customers on how to register freshly optained Insight Pro credits....

Message 11 of 14
YeZ
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert

A user can get support on Insight or Insight Pro by going through any of the Insight product registration. 

Insight Pro customers can log into insight.netgear.com and activates their newly-purchased Insight Pro credit. I was not aware of any issue with activating Insight Pro credits, can you point me to the community article? 

Message 12 of 14
schumaku
Guru

@YeZ wrote:

A user can get support on Insight or Insight Pro by going through any of the Insight product registration.

Read this thread from the begining again please. No change since.... start with the 24/7 offering which does not match what we have available here e.g for Europe. 

@YeZ wrote:

Insight Pro customers can log into insight.netgear.com and activates their newly-purchased Insight Pro credit. I was not aware of any issue with activating Insight Pro credits, can you point me to the community article? 

Here you go https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Insight-Network/Applying-Insight-Pro-Subscription-bought-fr...

Message 13 of 14
YeZ
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert

Thank you, I have responded in the other community post. 

Message 14 of 14
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements