Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: LAG Integrity Monitoring

schumaku
Guru

LAG Integrity Monitoring

Learnt it the hard way that Insight and Insight Pro does not

• Monitor the LAG integrity
  • Notify loss of LAG member links (only the ubiquitous informational "link down" event is triggered)
  • Status and connectivity of LAG members is not visible anywhere

What I expect here is the ability to clealry

• see the LAG members in general 
  • get notificaiton if a LAG member is lost
  • mark the LAG member ports accordingly 

Trunk - Port Removed.PNGLAG degraded - Link Down.PNGAll views - LAG Member down - RED.PNG

Message 1 of 5
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Hello,

Good idea and has been reviewed. I would recommend posting this as well under the Idea and Exchange forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Business/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-business

Message 2 of 5
schumaku
Guru

It's a standard feature on and Smart or Web managed switch isn't it? We can see which ports are members and which ports are active (or not). Beyond me why this isn't a part of the Insight implementation.

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@MrJoshW there are even bigger problems: You can't make the ports configured into a LAG visible - neither on the LAG list, nor on the LAG edit. The best design choice would be an extension of the virtual devices by the virtual LAG "ports", and offer all monitoring and controls.

LAG invisible on the device view.PNGLAG invisible on the LAG EDit device view.PNG

The current situation is more than poor. Appears there is not much networking knowledge around where these things are spec'ed, implemented, tested, reviewed, QA tested, ... I was willing to look-over these during the Insight Beta (but had commented these!), but now we have Insight Pro so Netgear should start do the second mile.

Message 4 of 5
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Hello,

This was something that was discussed with engineering. This may be something in a later release, but be on the look out for changes in upcoming Insight releases.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements