Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New MSP account

PRaschell
Aspirant

New MSP account

Hello! We just upgraded our account to Pro and are having some difficulties getting some questions answered. 

I am finding mixed information on a few things I am hoping someone can clarify.

1. If we have customers with individual premium accounts, can they just change the admin email associarted with the account to ours and it will migrate their devices to our MSP account? Seems simple but thats basically what we did when we mirgrated to our new account. 

OR do we need to factor reset the devises, which from my understanding, will delete them from that account, then readd them to our account using the serial number?

2. We accidently added a device to 2 organizations. Can we simply delete it from the wrong org and nothing will get messed up/ we will get the credits back?

My boss is verrrrry adamante about not doing things we aren't sure about (I am the opposite, whats the worst that can happen?! everything is reversable).

thanks!

Message 1 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: New MSP account

@PRaschell,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

1. If we have customers with individual premium accounts, can they just change the admin email associarted with the account to ours and it will migrate their devices to our MSP account?

No. You have to remove and re-add to a new account. 

2. We accidently added a device to 2 organizations. Can we simply delete it from the wrong org and nothing will get messed up/ we will get the credits back?

Is the device a hardware credit or is it a purchase credit?

What do you mean by two organizations? Is it added to two accounts? Or two organizations in the same account?  It seems not possible either to add a device to two organizations or two accounts.  Kindly provide screenshots on this for clarification. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
PRaschell
Aspirant

Hi @DaneA 

1. Could you explain the steps to remove devices from a client account and add them to ours without losing their configurations?

2. Hardware credits, I believe 

3. Let me clarify my issue as I did not present it correctly - we added 1 Location (containing 4 devices) to two organizations. Here are the screenshots.  FII Sobrato 3rd floor.Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 1.24.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-02-03 at 1.24.53 PM.png

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@PRaschell,

1. Could you explain the steps to remove devices from a client account and add them to ours without losing their configurations?

To recreate the networks in the MSP account, remove from old account then join to new account and let the unit reboot twice.

3. Let me clarify my issue as I did not present it correctly - we added 1 Location (containing 4 devices) to two organizations. 

Can you turn on technical support mode for both accounts and send me a private message for both e-mails and I'll request the higher tier of NETGEAR Support to check it. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements