Regular Contributor

Why is replication slow?

I have a ReadyNAS Pro 6 -> ReadyNAS Pro 2 replication on a LAN. Both devices are LACP LAG on a gigabit network, with jumbo frames. And I am seeing replication go in the low single digits (3MB/Sec).

However, when I copy to/From my windows8 machine (also LACP LAG w/jumbo frames) I easily get around 100MB/sec

How do I diagnose what is going on here??
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why is replication slow?

Replicate uses rsync at least for some of it. And the Atom CPU in the Pro2 is decent, but can struggle on a lot of delta checking.

Replicate may also be falling back to proxy mode, sending the packets outside and back in. Can you check your Internet routers when its running, if traffic is headed that way?
Regular Contributor

YEa it might be doing that. Last night it ran so slow (130KB/sec) that I probably wouldn't notice the traffic on the router.

Is there another way to diagnose this? Or never let it do proxy mode?
Regular Contributor

I am pretty sure your guess is correct; 3.6MB is pretty close to what my outgoing limit is (35Mbps).

So, since these things are on my LAN, how can I get them to NT use the proxy? (I am good with command line stuff on these devices)

P2P version is p2p version: 1.9.9-71
Regular Contributor

How do I fix this? It is pretty rediculous that it is routing my traffic outside my local LAN. The boxes are sitting right next to each other on the same switch...
Esteemed Contributor

Remote experts don't visit the forums anymore. Best I can suggest is contacting someone here: https://remote.readynas.com/emailer.jsp
Discussion Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Top Contributors
User Kudos Count