× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

10g fiber

sakiv
Aspirant

10g fiber

Hi All,

M4300 is connect with 10g sfp from fiber store SFP-10GLR-31  and on other end is netgear pro safe 3300-28x- poe+ with same sfp.

There is no connection light blinking at all. If i change the sfp to ubiquit sfp + still the same. 

Third try was fiber store 1g sfp on prosafe switch then the amber lits blink on both the switch. 

Please advice what I am doing wrong.

Model: XSM4324S|M4300-12X12F - Stackable Managed Switch with 24x10G including 12x10GBASE-T and 12xSFP+ Layer 3
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
msi
Luminary
Luminary

Re: 10g fiber

I have a setup with M4300 with modules from FS: Both 10GBASE-SR, -LRM (both multi mode fiber, the later for longer, old OM1/OM2 lines) and 10GBASE-BX (single mode bi-di) without any issues so far. You say that you have SFP-10GLR-31 modules from FS, so that looks like 10GBASE-LR modules which in turn require single mode fiber for a connection. Single mode fiber isually has yellow jacket - can you verify what type or jacket color your patch cable and what type of fiber your fiber in between is?

Also keep a lookt at the output of of "show logging buffered" and what "show fiber-ports optics all" throws at you. There are more subcommands in the "show fiber-ports" , also have a look at "show interfaces status (all)".

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
msi
Luminary
Luminary

I have a setup with M4300 with modules from FS: Both 10GBASE-SR, -LRM (both multi mode fiber, the later for longer, old OM1/OM2 lines) and 10GBASE-BX (single mode bi-di) without any issues so far. You say that you have SFP-10GLR-31 modules from FS, so that looks like 10GBASE-LR modules which in turn require single mode fiber for a connection. Single mode fiber isually has yellow jacket - can you verify what type or jacket color your patch cable and what type of fiber your fiber in between is?

Also keep a lookt at the output of of "show logging buffered" and what "show fiber-ports optics all" throws at you. There are more subcommands in the "show fiber-ports" , also have a look at "show interfaces status (all)".

Message 2 of 3
sakiv
Aspirant

Thanks  Mate did check all the things in cli. Did notice that in prosafe its shared 10g in copper and fiber. i was already using 10g on copper so the fiber was not giving any connection light. change the setting of copper to 1g and bingoo.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements