× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 2 stacks lag

mpitech
Aspirant

2 stacks lag

I need to link a 4-switches stack of S3300 to a 2-switches stack of M4300. What would be the best practices here ? Specifically, is setup a 8-ports LAG (linking each S3300 to the 2 M4300) a good idea ? I have the available ports, so I don't care if it's a bit overkill, I really want redundancy here as the M4300s are connecting our filers and our vmware hypervisors. I wonder about the performance of such a setup, though.

Model: XSM4316S | M4300-8X8FStackable Managed Switch with 16x10G including 8x10GBASE-T and 8xSFP+ Layer 3
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi mpitech,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

It seems that you wanted to link these 2 stacks of switches. That's really a good idea on connecting it with 8-ports LAG as long as it is properly configured. I don't think that it is possible to stack both S3300 with M4300 as it is not on the same family version.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi mpitech,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

It seems that you wanted to link these 2 stacks of switches. That's really a good idea on connecting it with 8-ports LAG as long as it is properly configured. I don't think that it is possible to stack both S3300 with M4300 as it is not on the same family version.

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
mpitech
Aspirant

OK thanks. 

Message 3 of 5
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@mpitech,

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 4 of 5
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@mpitech,

Community member @jpass022 caught my attention on this post. He also shared an article that will help you mix stacking the S3300 and M4300 switches.

My apologies for overlooking on this article.

Regards,

JohnCarloV

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements