× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AXM765 SFP+ with Nighthawk R9000

junilion
Guide

AXM765 SFP+ with Nighthawk R9000

Hi All,

Is the Netgear AXM765 SFP+ now compatible with Netgear R9000. The list is not updated and I have no idea if the RJ45 transceivers can work with the router.

Please help me.
Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

No update on the What SFP+ modules are compatible with my Nighthawk X10 R9000 router? since 2016.

I would tend to invest a good part of the (expensive list price!) AXM765 into a 10G-DAC and a switch with an SFP+ like the XS708Ev2. More bang for the buck.

Desperately need a 10GBase-T and can handle the short reach of just about 30 meters, look for a module from the "free" market.

Message 2 of 4
junilion
Guide

Hi,

Well I do have the two highly premium switches but the router was there to allow a flow of 10GB traffic. Yes, all cable length short of 2m so no issues with the 30m range. 

However the two switches i have i used one of the Netgear AXM765 SFP+ with my router and switch and it seems to work really well. Although I have ordered another SFP+ module from Europe as its about £100 cheaper which is arriving tomorrow.

So I will update this tomorrow and let everyone know.

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
junilion
Guide

Hi everyone!

So as i embarked on a journey of almost something i thought was impossible but nevertheless it was defintely worth the try....

After 1 month of some of the crazy journeys I have had, I finally can say its worked using the AXM765-1000s SFP+ which is connected to one of the Netgear M4300 switch as i use for my lab.

I use the router internally to push out more packets out to the internet. Although i am limited by a 1Gbps port as i cannot get a powerline anymore than 1GBps so i decided to use the 10Gbps on my LAN side hence the internal routing is much faster, when packet route through the gateway.

The M4300-28G switch also has an SFP+ of AXM765-1000s. Initially i thought this was to do with the compatibility of SFP+ on both sides but then i also tried with my edimax which worked successfully as well.

I did notice at the start it did not work but then after upgrading to latest firmware and setting both ports to 10000 duplex mode it worked successfully.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements