× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot download bootcode to GS724TP

rkadsit
Aspirant

Cannot download bootcode to GS724TP

I have downloaded upgrade files which included the bootcode for my GS724TP.  It needs version 1.0.0.5 before I can upgrade further.  Every time I try to download the file to the switch from my PC, it gives me a copy failed.  Is that a problem with the file I downloaded or something else.

Model: GS724TP|ProSafe 24 ports gigabit smart switches with PoE
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@rkadsit,

Please do try using TFTP download. Here is the TFTP server that we use.

You may also follow this article.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi rkadsit,

Here's what I found on the release notes that you can try.

• To update boot code:

• If the switch has firmware version 1.x, log into the switch’s GUI, go to Firmware > File Management > File Download. Follow the instructions to download boot code version version 1.0.0.5 to the switch.
    • If your switch has firmware version 2.x, log into the switch’s GUI, go to Maintenance > Download. Follow the instructions to download boot code version version 1.0.0.5 to the switch.

After download completed, reboot the switch. When the switch booted up, verify from the GUI the switch’s boot version has been upgraded to v1.0.0.5 before proceeding any further.
  • If the switch has firmware version 1.x, the switch must be upgraded to the interim image (GS700TP_V1.0.0.inter.ros) first. Then, perform the upgrade again from the interim image to V3.0.6.1.
  • The procedure for upgrading the device to the interim image is the same as the regular firmware upgrade. It can be downloaded to the switch by using the GUI via a TFTP server or by using Smart Wizard Discovery utility.

Here is the link for reference. If ever that it is still not working, try to reset it to factory default and see how it goes from there.

Regards.

Message 2 of 6
rkadsit
Aspirant

Thanks for responding JohnCarloV, but I already tried that very same procedure.  The problem is I get an error that the copy to the switch failed.  I used the HTTP transfer method from my PC.

Bob

Message 3 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@rkadsit,

Please do try using TFTP download. Here is the TFTP server that we use.

You may also follow this article.

Regards,

Message 4 of 6
rkadsit
Aspirant

Thank you very much JohnCarloV!  That did the trick.  I wonder why the HTTP transfer did not want to work.  Was that always a problem?

Message 5 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@rkadsit,

That might be a firmware issue on previous version but at least it did worked! Thank you!

Regards,

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements