× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Configure SPAN of an entire VLAN on M6100 switch

stevros
Aspirant

Configure SPAN of an entire VLAN on M6100 switch

Hello Community,

I would like to configure a port of my M6100 in SPAN mode, to mirror one or more VLANs (entire VLAN, not from single ports). I couldn't find the correct configuration, can someone help me?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Configure SPAN of an entire VLAN on M6100 switch

@stevros,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Are you referring to RSPAN?  If yes, you may follow the steps as your guide that is indicated on pages 701-705 of the M6100 user manual here.  

Also, it would be best if you post an image of your detailed network diagram.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
stevros
Aspirant

Thanks @DaneA! I really believe it is RSPAN.

What I have to do is tell my switch that all the traffic of VLANs 5 and 8 must be sent to port 35 of the same switch, where there is a Network Probe.

I've tried to apply that configuration, but I'm also getting traffic from IP addresses that aren't part of these VLANs.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@stevros wrote:

I've tried to apply that configuration, but I'm also getting traffic from IP addresses that aren't part of these VLANs.

What am I doing wrong?

Hard to guess - show us the complete config, the set-up for the RSPAN VLAN (used for transport the captured traffic over the network), source and destination switch config, potentially the ACL in place, ....

Last but not least - aware that it might be difficult to push a lot of possible data on that VLAN over a single RSAPN VLAN to a single port?

Message 4 of 5
stevros
Aspirant

Thank you for the support. I need to mirror all the traffic of VLANs 1 and 100, towards port 3/0/35, to which a network Probe is connected

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements