× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Creating a Routing Interface

pbrady
Aspirant

Creating a Routing Interface

Hi there,

I am trying to create a new vlan with routing enabled on my Netgear M5300-28G3. I have created the VLAN no problems, assigned some ports and PVIDs, I can see MACs coming through for the VLAN on the address table. I have configured a VLAN Routing entry for the VLAN and it went through no problem. I have created a static route for the VLAN on my Cisco ASA device (same place as all the other working VLANs we have). However when I go to IP -> Advanced -> IP Interface Configuration, the entry for the new VLAN has the "Routing Interface Status" column marked as "Down". How do I resolve this/what have I not configured?

Thanks!

Model: M5300-28G3 (GSM7328Sv2h2)|ProSafe 24 ports managed L3 gigabit stackable switch
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
pbrady
Aspirant

Re: Creating a Routing Interface

Hi @Retired_Member,

Sorry for thge slow response. I actually ended up resolving the issue although not in the ideal way. I was trying to create a VLAN for the 192.168.155.0/24 subnet, and this would not work. However I followed the exact same steps for the network 192.168.170.0/24 and it worked, so I'm happy with things for the moment.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi @pbrady 

Welcome to Community!

It's ok that you have create routing VLAN and add member ports. Have you set IP address on this routing VLAN interface?

For further analysis,Could you please provide the tech-support file of the Switch:
How do I send tech-support files from my Managed Switch to NETGEAR community moderators?
https://kb.netgear.com/31439/How-do-I-send-diagnostic-files-from-my-Managed-Switch-to-NETGEAR-commun...

Regards,

Eric

Message 2 of 3
pbrady
Aspirant

Hi @Retired_Member,

Sorry for thge slow response. I actually ended up resolving the issue although not in the ideal way. I was trying to create a VLAN for the 192.168.155.0/24 subnet, and this would not work. However I followed the exact same steps for the network 192.168.170.0/24 and it worked, so I'm happy with things for the moment.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements