× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DHCP pool options not saving

KFS-Bill
Aspirant

DHCP pool options not saving

I have an M5300-52G-POE+ that is providing DHCP on several Vlans.

I needed to change a DHCP pool option. I could not modify the IP address so I deleted the pool name to re-enter it.

When I entered the new information I got Error! Failed to set Option Code.

How can I fix this? I am on version 11.0.0.18. Never had this problem before. 

Model: M5300-52G-PoE+ (GSM7252PSv1h2)|ProSAFE 48+4 L2+ PoE Stackable Managed Switch
Message 1 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @KFS-Bill,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I suggest the following steps below:

1. Clear the cache of the browser you are using then access again the web-GUI of the M5300-52G-POE+ switch and configure the DHCP pool again. 

2. Use other browsers like Firefox or Chrome then login to the web-GUI of the M5300-52G-POE+ switch and configure the DHCP pool again. 

3. Reboot the M5300-52G-POE+ switch then check if the same problem occurs.

4. If above steps did not help, I suggest you to update the firmware from v11.0.0.18 to v11.0.0.31.  You can download firmware v11.0.0.31 here.  Be reminded that its best to perform a factory reset after upgrading the firmware then reconfigure the settings from scratch in order to start clean using the latest firmware version.  Check if the same problem occurs.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@KFS-Bill,

I just want to follow-up on this.  We’d greatly appreciate your feedback

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 5
KFS-Bill
Aspirant

Hello Dane,

Since the M5300 in question, is my primary router, it's hard to take it offline to reboot. 

Also when you say 'Factory Restore' you mean wiping all 52 ports and reprogramming from scratch?? REALLY??

How do I document all the settings?

We have 30+ Netgear switches M5300 M4300 M7100 S3300 WC7600 etc. I am a big fan of your products.

But I may need some hands-on help on this one. Can I speak with someone at Netgear Support? 

Message 4 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@KFS-Bill,

Also when you say 'Factory Restore' you mean wiping all 52 ports and reprogramming from scratch?? REALLY??

Yes, the settings will be reset to factory defaults then reconfigure the settings from scratch.  In this way, we could have clean start using the latest firmware version.

How do I document all the settings?

If you want to have a copy of the present settings of the M5300-52G-POE+ switch, here are the steps:

1. In the web-GUI of the M5300-52G-POE+ switch, go to Maintenance > Upload > HTTP File Upload.

2. In the File Type field, select Text Configuration. 

3. Click Apply

As reference, kindly read pages 488-489 of the ProSafe M5300 Switch Web Management User Guide here about HTTP File Upload from the M5300 Switch.

But I may need some hands-on help on this one. Can I speak with someone at Netgear Support? 

You may open a chat or online case with NETGEAR Support at anytime for technical assistance.  

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements