× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

[DOT1x] How can i disable the Dot1x in gs724t

C-Surfing
Aspirant

[DOT1x] How can i disable the Dot1x in gs724t

hi,guys 

i have had a problem, we started dot1x on all switchs most are HUAWEI,and we found Dot1x packet can't forward across Netgaer switchs,i have searched in bing.com,and i just get some to enable it.

i want to know how i can disable dot1x fully.i want Neagear SW work as no-managed

thanks for your helping

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: [DOT1x] How can i disable the Dot1x in gs724t

Which of the one or up to two decades old GS724T are you referring to here?

gs724t legacy hardware.PNG

@C-Surfing wrote:

the default settings of dot1x and radius are all disabled,

This is probably correct.

@C-Surfing wrote:

it is no matter,i will config it, i just dont like config in web

Can't follow you here, not sure on how we should help then.

Always confused about the design behind such ideas. dot1x is for the "last" or first device in the line by design. If magically forwarding this, many issues and risks arise. Say you have some more "core" switches taking care of dot1x, but connect many clients like on a hub (or for the sake you name it unmanaged) each of these devices can transmit EAPOL-Logoff frames ... and you end with all connections on that core switch terminated. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
sharaukhan34
Aspirant

Disable Dot1x on a GS724T switch, you can follow these steps:

Connect to the switch: Use a computer or device connected to the GS724T switch either directly or through the network. Access the switch's management interface: Open a web browser and enter the IP address of the switch in the address bar. If you don't know the IP address, you may need to check the switch's documentation or consult your network administrator. Log in to the management interface: Enter your username and password to log in to the switch's management interface. If you haven't set up custom login credentials, try using the default username and password provided by the manufacturer (e.g., "admin" for both). Navigate to the Dot1x settings: Once logged in, navigate to the "Security" or "Authentication" section of the switch's management interface. Look for settings related to Dot1x or 802.1x authentication. Disable Dot1x: Locate the option to disable Dot1x and uncheck or toggle the corresponding checkbox or switch. Save the changes. Confirm the changes: After disabling Dot1x, it's a good practice to verify the configuration changes on the switch's management interface. Check if Dot1x is indeed disabled and ensure the switch is functioning as desired.

Message 2 of 5
C-Surfing
Aspirant

thank you 

the default settings of dot1x and radius are all disabled,it is no matter,i will config it, i just dont like config in web

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Which of the one or up to two decades old GS724T are you referring to here?

gs724t legacy hardware.PNG

@C-Surfing wrote:

the default settings of dot1x and radius are all disabled,

This is probably correct.

@C-Surfing wrote:

it is no matter,i will config it, i just dont like config in web

Can't follow you here, not sure on how we should help then.

Always confused about the design behind such ideas. dot1x is for the "last" or first device in the line by design. If magically forwarding this, many issues and risks arise. Say you have some more "core" switches taking care of dot1x, but connect many clients like on a hub (or for the sake you name it unmanaged) each of these devices can transmit EAPOL-Logoff frames ... and you end with all connections on that core switch terminated. 

Message 4 of 5
C-Surfing
Aspirant

yes,sir

forgive me bad english

the model is GS724Tv3 24Port
i am in China,we use HUAWEI Network Devices.

and those netgear sws be used as no-configuration we bought years ago,it be linked as access-mode

if switch receive multicast of dot1x packet,it will sent packet to cpu,so we have failure of dot1x.but in HUAWEI we can use command to change it ,the packet will be forward to Upper-level switch. so i want to know if netgaer have some setting also

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements