× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Disable port on M4100-26G Network Switch

YHLEE
Follower

Disable port on M4100-26G Network Switch

Hi All,

Any advice how to disable a port on M4100-26G Managed Network Switch?

Users would like to disable unused ports to prevent unauthorised usage.

Thanks !

Model: M4100-26G (GSM7224v2h2)|ProSafe 26 ports gigabit fully managed L2 switch
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Disable port on M4100-26G Network Switch

Hi YHLEE,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

You can manually disable the ports by going to Switching > Ports > Port Configuration. Select the ports that you want to turn off then set the "Admin Mode" to disable and hit "Apply".

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi YHLEE,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

You can manually disable the ports by going to Switching > Ports > Port Configuration. Select the ports that you want to turn off then set the "Admin Mode" to disable and hit "Apply".

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@YHLEE,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything is ok now or you still need further assistance.

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements