× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Error 7 when upgrading firmware on GS728TP

UT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Error 7 when upgrading firmware on GS728TP

I am having a problem to upgrade this device to the latest firmware ( 6.0.1.18) and getting Error (7). The unit is at firmware : 6.0.1.14 and Boot: 2.0.0.6

I am using SCC version 1.3.2 to upgrade the firmware and tried connection to the switch directly, but no luck.

Anybody has a solution? Thank you!!!!!

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
UT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the suggestion. I upgraded all firmware using web interface. 

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello UT, 

Welcome to the community! 

I'd suggest to re-install the utility first. Once done, try updating the firmware to 6.0.1.16 first before going to 6.0.1.18. Upon the installation and upgrade, make sure that the permissions on the computer is allowed and any anti-virus or firewall is disabled temporarily. 

Let us know if this works. 

Thanks, 

Message 2 of 10
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello UT, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks, 

Message 3 of 10
UT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello John,

I apologize for the late update. I just tried your suggestion but I am still getting error 7. No anti virus, firewall is off on my Notebook. I also tried to update 2 other switches ( the same model) and got error 7.

UT

Message 4 of 10
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi UT, 

I tried looking for the error (7) code but cannot really find anything related. Can you post a screenshot of the message? I'll try to post an inquiry to our engineering team and see if they have seen this type of error. For the meantime, you can try updating the firmware through the web-ui. Please see page 234 of the Software Administration Manual

Thanks, 

Message 5 of 10
UT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here is the screen shotCapture.JPG

Message 6 of 10
UT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. Please let me know when anybody find any solution.

Message 7 of 10
BrendanM
NETGEAR Expert

Can you first log in to the admin page of the switch (simply log in, no other action needed). Afterwards, try the firmware upgrade using the Smart Control Center again.

Message 8 of 10
UT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the suggestion. I upgraded all firmware using web interface. 

Message 9 of 10
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi UT, 

That's great to know! Are you still getting the error 7 after the firmware update? If your issue is solved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks,

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements