× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FSM 7352S disable routing

gbrown1001
Aspirant

FSM 7352S disable routing

Hi,

I have this switch on firmware 7.3.1.7 but am having problems trying to turn off routing mode. I have about 20 VLANS but my firewall handles the routing between VLANS so I want to turn routing off. At the moment when I try to contact another VLAN it doesn;t even reach the firewall. It should be off by default but always seems to default on.

I go to Routing, IP and disable routing mode. When I apply the GUI hangs and I can no longer ping the IP of the router. The only way for me to resolve this is to reboot the switch or make a change in the console mode.

Can someone tell me how to stop the switch from routing, is it possible in the CLI? I tried reading the manual but couldn't find anything specific on how to do it. Does anyone know why the GUI just hangs?

Thanks

Graham

Message 1 of 3
gbrown1001
Aspirant

Re: FSM 7352S disable routing

Hi,

Just to update. I noticed that the IP address of the unit does not show in the web interface, just shows 0.0.0.0 - that's despite me being able to connect to it on that IP. It turns out that that IP is assigned to VLAN1 in VLAN routing - bingo... Whenever I turn off IP routing or try to delete that VLAN Route IP I will obviously lose the ability to manage the switch.

So my question now is... How do I disable the VLAN Routing IP, disable IP routing and then assign the IP for the management of the switch?

Thanks

Graham
Message 2 of 3
gbrown1001
Aspirant

Re: FSM 7352S disable routing

OK - deleted the IP on the default vlan then using the console used "Network Parameters" to set the IP of the switch for management. This allowed me access to the gui where I disabled IP routing. I saved the config and rebooted the switch but I STILL cannot see any traffic bound for other VLANS getting to my firewall. All traffic who's destination is not a vlan (such as internet bound traffic) is fine.

What gets me is that I was using an FSM7328S with exactly the same config and that was working fine. I still have that switch and can't see any differences between their config now.

Any ideas as to why the switch is still trying to route my VLAN traffic?
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements