× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FSM726v2 issues with webmanager

MarcusHM
Follower

FSM726v2 issues with webmanager

I was donated the FSM 726v2 and was advised that it was absolutely fine, no issues etc, I can access the CLI through the Serial interface but I can not get into the web interface, I've installed an older version 1.7 Java which loads, but the activex component then asks if its ok (I've enabled filtering for activex to be switched off) but the web page goes white and nothing more happens. 

I am not comfortable enough with the CLI to get what I want working which is 2 vlans, one for an Ubiquiti mesh (this is running an AREDN Tunnel client) and Sip phone network (inc sip server) and the other is my own home network.

I wonder if there is a way to make the webinterface work, or if there is anything else that will manage this?

failing that I am going to have to get my head round how to do this. So any help would be greatly appreciated

Model: FSM726v2|24-port 10/100 Mbps Managed Switch with Gigabit ports|EOL
Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: FSM726v2 issues with webmanager

Hi MarcusHM,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Kindly answer the questions below:

a. Have you tried using other browsers like Firefox or Chrome?  Be reminded that the FSM726v2 is an old model of NETGEAR Managed Switch so you might need to try a lower version of a browser such as IE7 or lower version of Firefox or Chrome.
b. Have you tried to use other PCs or laptops to isolate the problem?

c. Since you can access the CLI, have you tried to perform a factory reset through the CLI? 

d. What is the behavior of the LED lights of the FSM726v2 switch such as the power LED, port LEDs etc.? 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: FSM726v2 issues with webmanager

@MarcusHM,

I just want to follow-up on this.  We’d greatly appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements