× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FSM7328S (Power LED flashes)

rauket
Follower

FSM7328S (Power LED flashes)

Hello!

I've been using NETGEAR peripherals for quite a long time.

I've recently had a problem with a layer 3 manageable switch :FSM7328S.

It's now impossible for me to communicate with it via a serial port. I tried all possible speeds, not a single character comes out...

The Power LED, after a short while, flashes regularly...

According to the documentation, the problem may come from the CPU or from the flash memory (corrupted or erased) and/or from a BOOT CODE problem.

Is there any solution to this problem? Does any utility tool exist (other than the switch recovery tool) ?

Thank you for helping me.
Best regards
Message 1 of 6
stevenb
Aspirant

Re: FSM7328S (Power LED flashes)

Have you tried connecting to the serial console during boot time?

Also double check you are using the correct serial settings for this switch
Message 2 of 6
francisreader
Aspirant

My fsm7328S just gave up the ghost with this issue. ON the serial I get... ----------------------------------------------------- U-Boot 0.3.0 (Oct 2 2007 - 16:15:57) Board: Netgear FSM73xxS DRAM: 128 MB Flash: 16 MB ------------------------ with nothing else and not interactive. IS this recoverable? TIA Francis
Message 3 of 6
chelunick
Aspirant

I have a similar issue my GSM7328Sv1 fails to post (solid amber power , then flashing amber power) ... and I don't even have the CD that supposedly has the recovery tool on it ( previous IT guy left mess when he took off). Are there any downloads for it?
Message 4 of 6
dcastillom
Aspirant

Any idea or switch is dead?
Message 5 of 6
Glitched
Aspirant

This means the switch is dead. Contact support
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors