× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Finding Netgear (service) partners

msi
Luminary
Luminary

Finding Netgear (service) partners

Our network has been growing step by step and while I can still manage it, it may come the time where collegues and I cannot cover all incidents where having partner can be useful.

I remember back in the days that Netgear had a partner locator, but these days Netgear's homepage homepage contains a couple of informations how to become a powershift partner, but I've been unable as a customer to find a partner. I've been surfing through the international and national homepage but haven't had any luck so far.

Any pointers?

Model: GSM4328PA|M4300-28G-PoE+ - 24x1G PoE+ Stackable Managed Switch with 2x10GBASE-T and 2xSFP+ (550W PSU)
Message 1 of 9
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi msi,

You may apply to our powershift program here

Regards,

JohnCarloV

NETGEAR Community

Message 2 of 9
schumaku
Guru

@JohnC_V wrote:

You may apply to our powershift program here

This wasn't the question. Is there a business directoty where customers can find Netgear Powershift Partners?

Message 3 of 9
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@schumaku,

Sorry about that. Thanks for the correction. I can inquire that information if we do have a directory of our powershift partners and I may need to check if it is possible to share it here in our community.

Regards,

JohnCarloV

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 9
msi
Luminary
Luminary

Hi @JohnC_V 

Most companies with a partner program, even direct competitors of Netgear provide both a way to become a partner and for customers to locate a partner, sometimes even based on the focus of a partner. I can only imagine that your partners are interested to be found by potential customers, be it as reseller or as VAR providing additional services.

I clearly remember that like 5-6 years ago that there was an index and / or a map. It may not always be perfectly up-to-date but it was helpful.

Message 5 of 9
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@msi,

As per checking, the authorized reseller's list is the same list with our powershift partners.

I hope this would suffice.

Regards,

JohnCarloV

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 9
msi
Luminary
Luminary

Hi

Thanks for your reply, however I can spot a couple of issues:

• How can this list be located other than by this link you provided in the forums?
  • The list only contains company names. There is no indication of a location, not even the country. To be honest: There is not much point for me to go through a document fo 70 (!) pages to locate a partner in my country
  • The list only divides into Direct Resellers, Distributors and Indirect Resellers. Those companies could be plain "box movers" or actual service provides or networking engineering / consulting companies and there is no way to distinguish them based on that list.

TL;DR: Thanks for the link but that is neither helpful for me as customer, nor really helpful for your partners to be located by customers (as of writing).

Message 7 of 9
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@msi,

• How can this list be located other than by this link you provided in the forums?

This list is located on our website. I understand your point here that it wasn't even specific on where it is located.

You may try to contact this number: (866) 480-2112 or send an email to uspowershift@netgear.com

Regards,

JohnCarloV

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 9
msi
Luminary
Luminary

Hi Carlo

Thanks, yes even so that document is quite hidden on the page - who would look for partners via the warranty and returns policy? 😉

Yes, I'll try to get in touch.

Meanwhile I hope that this could be discussed within Netgear how to make partners identifiable or how to better connect Netgear partners and customers. Tough this is a technical forum, having good ties with partners and customers all in all will help Netgear when comparing things with other vendors, even the most "lean" organized ones.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements