× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware Upgrade using ProSAFE Plus for GS108Ev3 and GS116Ev2 switches

SRW10
Aspirant

Firmware Upgrade using ProSAFE Plus for GS108Ev3 and GS116Ev2 switches

I tried to update the firmware for these two sets of switches on my network using Newtgears ProSAFE Plus configuration utility (to v2.06.10 for the GS108Ev3 and to v2.6.0.43 for the GS116Ev2)

The GS108Ev3 upgrade seemed to go well, but when I try to login to them via the ProSAFE app all three of these units say that I have the wrong password

The GS116Ev2 starts to carry out the update in the ProSAFE app, then the progress bar stalls (at varying percentage completions) and eventually I get a "TFTP TIme out!" error message.

Can anyone help me, as I can not longer access my switches (though they do appear to be still working)

Many thanks

S

Model: GS108Ev3|ProSafe 8 ports Gigabit Plus switch, GS116Ev2|ProSafe Plus 16 ports gigabits switch
Message 1 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Firmware Upgrade using ProSAFE Plus for GS108Ev3 and GS116Ev2 switches

@SRW10,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Have you tried to perform a factory reset on both of your  GS108Ev3 and GS116Ev2 switches?  If not yet, kindly try doing a factory reset on both switches then reconfigure the settings from scratch.  Be reminded that you need to change the default admin password to your desired unique password after first login. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@SRW10 wrote:

I tried to update the firmware for these two sets of switches on my network using Newtgears ProSAFE Plus configuration utility (to v2.06.10 for the GS108Ev3 and to v2.6.0.43 for the GS116Ev2)

The GS108Ev3 upgrade seemed to go well, but when I try to login to them via the ProSAFE app all three of these units say that I have the wrong password

Can anyone help me, as I can not longer access my switches (though they do appear to be still working)

That's easy possible, considering these firmwae version introduced a modification (towards default security):

• Changes the Switch Management Mode (System > Management > Switch Management Mode) default value from Web browser and Plus Utility to Web browser only.

This must be the reason why you can't login using the Plus Utility! Use a Web browser and change the Switch Management Mode to "Web browser and Plus Utility" - this should help to regain the utility access.

@SRW10 wrote:

The GS116Ev2 starts to carry out the update in the ProSAFE app, then the progress bar stalls (at varying percentage completions) and eventually I get a "TFTP TIme out!" error message.

No idea beyond of a factory reset, using a direct connection, or try the Web UI access for the firmware update.

Message 3 of 4
SRW10
Aspirant

Many reply to the responses that have been provided

I did, after I posted previously, realise that I could manage the switches directly via a web browser.  I had picked up on the change of management mode - one of the switchs had defaulted to web browser only, but the others were fine

I also managed to log in to the GS116Ev2 switch up upgrade the firmware without issue

But I still cannot access any of my three GS108Ev3 switchs via ProSAFE plus (it either says wrong password, and locks me out after 3 attempts.  The GS116Ev2 says "Command is not supported by the agent!"

If I log-in via the web browser I can access no problem.

Therefore the new firmware doesn't seem to like the ProSAFE software - I will just have to manage each device via the webpage, which is a shame but I guess I'll survive. 

Many thanks again

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements