× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Foreign PDU's

johnrobertson12
Aspirant

Foreign PDU's

On various Netgear switches, the M4300 being a core, all of which are firmware updated to latest F/W, radomnly receive a  "ISDP[dtlTask]: isdp_txrx.c(169) 26115 %% Foreign pdu on interface 1/0/xx".  This is not a fault which seems to halt traffic but it happens to the vast majority of our 80+ Netgear switches on a rate of few times daily. Internet research shows little apart from raising Severity Level of alarms from Notice to Error, but doesnt say what the warnings are. Any help much appreciated.

Model: XSM4348S|M4300-24X24F - Stackable Managed Switch with 48x10G including 24x10GBASE-T and 24xSFP+ Layer 3
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Foreign PDU's

@johnrobertson12,

PDU's are used by networking protocols. The switch recognizes some but not all. Do you have a router or switch trying to route to the M4300?

Regards,

JohnCarloV

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi johnrobertson12,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

As per the higher tier, that sounds like a power issue. May I know how is this connected to the power supply? Are you using any 3rd party device?

Regards,

JohnCarloV

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
johnrobertson12
Aspirant

No it refers to Protocol Data Units
Message 3 of 5
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@johnrobertson12,

PDU's are used by networking protocols. The switch recognizes some but not all. Do you have a router or switch trying to route to the M4300?

Regards,

JohnCarloV

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
johnrobertson12
Aspirant

Ah I see, so if our firewall and /or non-netgear switches are talking it will flag up. Ok, at least I know now, thank you for the good gen!
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements