× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GS108Ev3 running 2.00.08 no 1Gb connectivity

E-Rock
Aspirant

GS108Ev3 running 2.00.08 no 1Gb connectivity

My Netgear GS108Ev3 recently only started to auto-negotiate to 100Mb full duplex. It used to do 1Gb. I've not made any recent changes and it was running 2.00.05. I upgraded to 2.00.08 and there was no change. I've also performed a factory reset, left it off overnight, tested the cables at work, and tried forcing my computer to 1Gb. I've also downgraded back 2.00.05 and tried version inbetween as well, no change. I'm using the Prosafe Plus Configuration Utility 2.3.20 and I cannot set the speed to 1Gb in there, it stops at 100Mb. Is there a bug here or has my switch decided that it is going to die early? Anyone have ideas of what to try next or is it time to warranty it?

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
E-Rock
Aspirant

Contacting support we determined the device was defective and I was an issued a RMA. I've recieved the replacement switch and I'm back to 1Gb auto-negotiated speeds on every port.

Thank you to all support staff that helped!

E-Rock

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
ElaineP
NETGEAR Expert

Hi E-Rock

Welcome to NETGEAR community!

I will give some description about port speed:

1. The port LED have different behavior under different port speed. If your switch is 100Mb full duplex, only the port Left LED is green. Please check it.LED.jpg
  2. After do factory default, please open browser or Utility to access switch, check that all port speed type is Auto. We can set port speed as Auto-negotiate, and linked speed will display 1000M, cannot set 1G for port speed directly.

Look forward your reply, thanks.

Regards,

NETGEAR Employee

Message 2 of 8
E-Rock
Aspirant

I have verified for all 8 ports with both the link lights and by the system reporting it, that the switch will only negoiate to 100Mb. I can also verify that all speed states are set to AUTO.

Message 3 of 8
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi E-rock, 

There is a chance that it might be going bad. Have you tried changing the port speed using the web-interface as well (manual - page 58). If this does not help, seek help from the support team

Thanks,

Message 4 of 8
E-Rock
Aspirant

Hi JohnRo,

I was able to change between 10 and 100Mb speeds but 1000Mb is not an option and setting to auto failed to negotiate to the 1000Mb speed. At this point I believe you are correct and will be contacting the support team for a replacement.

Thank you,

Eric

Message 5 of 8
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi E-rock, 

Kindly update the thread once you get contact with out support team. If the switch can run on 1000Mb before and you have not changed anything, uses the correct types of cables and the NIC is configured properly then this is pretty much boils down to the switch. 

Thanks,

Message 6 of 8
E-Rock
Aspirant

Contacting support we determined the device was defective and I was an issued a RMA. I've recieved the replacement switch and I'm back to 1Gb auto-negotiated speeds on every port.

Thank you to all support staff that helped!

E-Rock

Message 7 of 8
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi E-rock, 

Thank you for the update. We are glad that your issue was resolved. 

Cheers,

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements