× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GS116Ev2 cannot find printers

CST0001
Guide

GS116Ev2 cannot find printers

Just replaced my Prosafe FS116 with the ProSAFE GS116Ev2.  Exactly the same connections to a Virgin Media Router/Wifi and to various peripherals including 2 printers - an HP black and white and a Samsung colour laser.  But whereas printing used to be fine, with new switch the printers cannot be found?!!  Disconnecting/reconnecting cables has helped on one occasion - but not on others!!  I am not a technical whizz - was hoping this switch like the last one would be plug and play - especially since Netgear do not appear to support MacOS - only windows for utilities etc.  Any simple fixes out there please?  Thanks Chris

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello CST0001, 

Welcome to the community! 

The GS116Ev2 is plug and play by default, there is no need to change settings. Did you check if the printers are getting IP addresses? 

Thanks,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello CST0001, 

Welcome to the community! 

The GS116Ev2 is plug and play by default, there is no need to change settings. Did you check if the printers are getting IP addresses? 

Thanks,

Message 2 of 4
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi CST0001, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks,

Message 3 of 4
CST0001
Guide

So to anyone following this - Netgear claim this is a plug and play solution - in reality, it is not quite so simple!!  There is a configuration utility (sadly only available for windows, not for iOS so Mac users be aware!) - and there is a setting in the configuration that needs to be changed to enable the switch to see printers.  After registering the product, I contacted the Netgear support team (in the Philippines!) - who were given access through my PC to reconfigure a specific setting - after which all printers visible again.  Sorry - I do not recall the specific setting they had to switch off - but once done, all fine.  So recommendation if you have a similar issue is register the product and contact customer support who will make a simple configuration adjustment to solve your problem.  Hope this helps!  All the best Chris

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements