× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS310TP (north america): part number for power supply

N3GWG
Aspirant

GS310TP (north america): part number for power supply

Users, Developers, Support representatives:

I am trying to locate the proper part number for a north american power supply/adapter for a GS310TP. Can someone tell me what that might be?

Stuart

Message 1 of 7
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS310TP (north america): part number for power supply

The data sheet shows 1 external PSU, DC 54V 1.25A

eBay, Amazon & Co are your friends for alternate sources.

Message 2 of 7
N3GWG
Aspirant

Dear respondent,

I appreciate the information you provided, but may I ask, do you know the answer to my actual question?

This specific question I was asking is the model number of the power supply for North America. I did look at the data sheet you pointed me to, but I didn’t see the model number on the sheet. If it is there and I missed it, I would kindly appreciate your pointing me to it.

Thanks,
Stuart
Message 3 of 7
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@N3GWG

Welcome to the Community!

You can try to use this part number 332-11059-04. That should help you out find DC 54V 1.25A for the GS310TP.

HTH

Message 4 of 7
N3GWG
Aspirant

HTH,

I am not sure why your co-worker stated "eBay and Amazon and Co are your friends" as I would think Netgear is perfectly armed up to sell me the associative power supply or furnish the part number so I could obtain it via an authorized dealer. Would this part not be available directly from Netgear?

Your co-worker's comment suggesting I am not smart enough to know to conduct eBay or Amazon searches is surely unbecoming of Netgear and insulting to me. Years of buying Netgear equipment and this is how your company sees to allow its employees to treat me? Surely his manager needs to explain to him that disrespecting a customer is never the way ahead.

Having the voltage and amperage (whilst helpful) is not the full answer as it lacks knowing the inner and outer diameter of the barrel connector, etc...

Thank you for the proper reply.

Having the part number for the proper power supply allows me to find its specifications and order either the exact replacement or something comparably functional. I am glad you were willing to actually read my request and respond accordingly.

Thanks,

Stuart

Message 5 of 7
schumaku
Guru

Dear Stuart,

You talk to a community here, not to Netgear.

For my part, I'm not associated with Netgear, I'm not a co-worker with fellow @Marc_V. However, as a long year IT person and also Netgear customer I was so free to provide a reply to you which could help t bring your switch product back to life resp. power again.

Reality is that the manufacturing and supply chains are still heavily disrupted if not widely non-functional.

Fellow Marc provided you with what I would assume the correct part number 332-11059-04., ready to order via the Netgear distribution channel or via customer.service@netgear.com . Please allow some processing time for a reply.

Again, Marc has provided the URL https://www.netgear.com/business/wired/switches/accessories/eps200w/ pointing to a possible replacement power supply designated EPS200W. With a rating of max 200W a little bit of an overkill, but certainly workable and comes with a connector compatible connector and a US power cord if ordered as EPS200W-100NAS. However, I'm again convinced Marc selected this model for availability. There are also smaller units in the Netgear list, like EPS90W or the EPS130W. The original power supply spec'ed for your GS310TP (able to power 8 PoE+ ports with a total max if 55W) was listed in the data sheet as 54V 1.25A or 67.5W, so relatively thin.

For similar Netgear PoE switch models with an 54V DC like GS305PP GS308PP GS316P GS316PP - consult the data sheet - in these might be workable:

Ordering Information - Power cord (localized to country of sale as per the localized SKU)
EPS90W-100NAS North America and Latin America
EPS90W-100PES Europe
EPS90W-100UKS United Kingdom
EPS90W-100AUS Australia
EPS90W-100JPS Japan and Asia Pacific
EPS130W-100NAS North America and Latin America
EPS130W-100PES Europe
EPS130W-100UKS United Kingdom
EPS130W-100AUS Australia
EPS130W-100JPS Japan and Asia Pacific
EPS200W-100NAS North America and Latin America
EPS200W-100PES Europe
EPS200W-100UKS United Kingdom
EPS200W-100AUS Australia
EPS200W-100JPS Japan and Asia Pacific

Keep in mind that other switch models like GS305P or GS308P are designed for 48V (DC 48V, 1.25A), operating at up to 60W.

Sources:

https://www.netgear.com/support/ 

Data Sheet | GS305EP, GS305EPP, GS308EP, GS308EPP, GS316EP, GS316EPP PoE+ Gigabit Ethernet Plus Swit...  

Data Sheet | GS308T, GS310TP, GS324T, GS324TP, GS348T S350 Smart Switch Series 

ZZ

Message 6 of 7
N3GWG
Aspirant

schumaku,

I did not realize that you were an end user or that end users really replied here. I believe I may have used this forum once or so before, but if so, twas quite a long time ago. At any rate thank you for your more informative reply, I do sincerely appreciate it. A friend has one of these switches available and the switch interested me because it is also compatible with OpenWRT (open source firmware) and offers PoE.

Honestly, I had not considered the supply chain concerns and you raise a good point. Perhaps being open to obtaining a power supply from whomever really has it and can provide it at a good price is the best option. I am concerned to be sure that I get a power supply that actually plugs in properly, which means I need to be cognizant of the inner diameter, outer diameter, female/male-ness of the plug and the length of the plug as well.

I realize that a supply with the correct DC voltage output (be it 54V or 48V depending on the model of the switch) will work notwithstanding if it was intended for the Netgear switch I am using or some other piece of electronics. As I stated earlier, I just want to be sure it will plug in and have the correct fitment for the barrel connector. Moreover, I am familiar with P=IxV (watts = amps x volts) and would like to make a wattage choice that allows for the greatest flexibility in using the switch and assuring it would plug in properly (power budget). I doubt that Netgear actually makes their own supplies, they are either OEM labeled for them or just whatever supply their buyers can get a deal on that meet the requisite specifications.

Thanks again and do have a most blessed, healthy, and safe holiday season.

Stuart

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements