× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS510TLP and AGM731F SFP Module - NO LINK to TP-Link T2600G-52TS

woodgee
Aspirant

GS510TLP and AGM731F SFP Module - NO LINK to TP-Link T2600G-52TS

Hello,

i have an new GS510TLP 8-Port POE Switch with 2x AGM731F SFP Modules.

The Swich have the latest Firmware 7.0.0.20 installed.

When i connnect the GS510TLP over the AGM731F SFP Modules with the TP-Link T2600G-52TS SFP Modules, i get no Link on the GS510TLP. The T2600G-52TS shows me the Link is UP.

How can i solve this problem ??

I have tried to switch off "auto-negotiation" on both switches, in the TP-Link GUI i can it switch off, but in the Netgear GUI can´t.

TP-Link Module TL-SM311LM

Netgear Module AGM731F

LWL Duplex OM2 (Multimode, 50/125) - 0,5m

Model: GS510TLP|8-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 SFP Ports (75W)
Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS510TLP and AGM731F SFP Module - NO LINK to TP-Link T2600G-52TS

Have a spare fiber patch cable at hand to test?

Message 2 of 5
woodgee
Aspirant

Hello schumaku,

i have tested the connection with a different cable (same type), but there is no difference,

the tp-link switch shows me an link on the sfp module (led indicator and web interface).

the Netgear shows me no link on the sfp module (led indicator and web interface).

i have tested both sfp ports on the netgear (port 9 and port 10) with different sfp modules and

i have tested two different sfp ports on the tp-link, with different sfp modules -> NO LINK ON THE NETGEAR SWITCH

so i think there is no faulty sfp module and no faulty cable.

it must be something else, maybe the firmware on the Netgear switch?

bad initial handshake?

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

There is no autonegotiation on SFP/SFP+ ports and fiber links - that's why I think Netgear is right not to show this control.

Get in touch with the Netgear support via https://my.netgear.com/

Message 4 of 5
woodgee
Aspirant

Today I have checked the following things:

tp-link switch via sfp to tp-link switch sfp -> works link is up and data pass the link

tp-link switch via sfp to unifi switch sfp -> works, link is up and data pass the link

tp-link switch via sfp to netgear switch sfp -> no link

unifi switch via sfp to netgear switch sfp -> no link

netgear switch sfp port 9 to netgear switch sfp port 10 -> link is up (led indicates the link and webinterface shows the link up)

-> there must be an problem with the netgear switch, i think an firmware problem ??
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements