× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS724TP and a Hawkeye C7800 - more questions

daievans
Aspirant

GS724TP and a Hawkeye C7800 - more questions

I currently have these two devices functioning, with the Hawkeye being DHCP enabled and the DHCP disabled on the switch.

As i find the Genie software to be erratic, can i set up these two so that the GS724TP is DHCP enabled and let the hawkeye be DHCP disabled - will it affect the Hawkeye's Wireless abilities?

I like the Switch management software more than the Genie - it seems to be a lot easier to identify everything on the network. Am I missing out on soemthing obvious here? (it did happen once before, IIRC)

Message 1 of 3
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: GS724TP and a Hawkeye C7800 - more questions

Hi daievans,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

The DHCP functionality of the GS724TP is just a client and not a server. It cannot hand out IP address as this is only a L2 switch. But definitely, it will not affect the C7800 wireless capabilities even if you set the switch to DHCP client. Once you enabled DHCP on your switch, it will just automatically request an IP from your C7800 modem router. Do you mean Nighthawk C7800?

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: GS724TP and a Hawkeye C7800 - more questions

@daievans,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything is ok now or you still need further assistance.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements