× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS748TP won't do PoE after Firmware update

mr-stewart
Initiate

GS748TP won't do PoE after Firmware update

I have a GS748TP that the company purchased some time ago.  It has been working like a champ for a couple of years.  We currently have a few PoE phones and a PoE CCTV camera plugged in.  All work great.

2 days ago, we needed to look into setting it up so that it is more secure.  The first thing we saw was the firmware was older, ver. 5.0.0.14 - but not the latest.  I updated the firmware 2 nights ago.  Since then, the phones and the camera have stopped working.  When I plug the phones into an old Bay Stack, they work fine.  The camera works fine plugged into a GS724TP running the older firmware.

Since applying the update, the web interface also shows the PoE status to be Faulty.

How can I get the PoE to start working again?  Can I go back don with the firmware to the version that was working?

Message 1 of 3
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GS748TP won't do PoE after Firmware update

@mr-stewart

Welcome to the Community!

Have you tried resetting the switch after the update? If it is still showing as faulty. I would strongly suggest contacting Support for checking of your Warranty and replacement. You can login to my.netgear.com using your account where the device is registered.

HTH

Message 2 of 3
mr-stewart
Initiate

Re: GS748TP won't do PoE after Firmware update

Power cycling the switch solved the problem.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements