× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GSM4328PA - PTP for Camera Synchronization

Dk0
Follower
Follower

GSM4328PA - PTP for Camera Synchronization

Hi there,

does the aforementioned switch support the forewarding of PTP messages in any way (could not find further info in the docs)? Background is the following. I have 8 Genie nano Cameras (Manufacturer Teledyne Dalsa) and this switch. The cameras are supposedly able to synchronize themselves for triggering during image captureing via PTP, with one camera taking over the master role. This should be working in a subnet, even without the switch not having extra PTP hardware support included. The problem is, the PTP messages seem to be dropped, since all cameras declare themselves as Master. What could cause the problem ? What additional information do you need ?

Thanks in advance!

Model: GSM4328PA | M4300-28G-PoE+24x1G PoE+ Stackable Managed Switch with 2x10GBASE-T and 2xSFP+ (550W PSU)
Message 1 of 2
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Re: GSM4328PA - PTP for Camera Synchronization

Thank you for your message, it will be useful for the Community.

Sorry about your issue, I believe I know how to yelp you. Yes, M4300 switches are perfectly capable of prioritizing PTP packets the right way. Right now, these packets might bump into other traffic. Could you follow the instructions from our Dante app note? Dante Audio also relies on PTP packets for devices' sync and we solved the issue with it. You might not need the IGMP configuration if your cameras are TCP to the server, but everything else should apply nicely: DiffServ trust (DSCP) instead of CoS for PTP packets, disable Bonjour management for preventing any mDNS packets conflict with PTP, etc. Please follow these steps, and let us know how it goes: https://kb.netgear.com/000060205/M4300-Configuration-Guide-for-Dante-Audio-Devices

Regards,
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements