× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GSM4352PA Power loss signal

HYICD
Follower

GSM4352PA Power loss signal

Hi community,

I am wondering does there any function that will send a signal when the power supply of the POE switches are loss? We know that there are two power port for the switches, can we know which power port is loss and send a signal to another software?

Model: GSM4352PA|M4300-52G-PoE+ - 48x1G PoE+ Stackable Managed Switch with 2x10GBASE-T and 2xSFP+ (550W PSU)
Message 1 of 3
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Re: GSM4352PA Power loss signal

Hi @HYICD 

Yes I believe you can!

PSU#1 and PSU#2 states are trapped in the logs so syslog could be used if you want - 

If the "other software" is capable of SNMP then the status and the state changes of each PSU can be sent to an SNMP server. You can use the M4300 MIBs (we deliver the MIBs with every new version of the firmware here) with the NETGEAR-BOXSERVICES-PRIVATE-MIB. The "boxServicesPowSupplyItemState" OID .1.3.6.1.4.1.4526.10.43.1.7.1.3 provides each PSU state (not present, operational, failed, nopower etc.) when the "boxsItemStateChangeEvent" .1.3.6.1.4.1.4526.10.43.2.1 can be subscribed for receiving the events

I hope this will help!

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: GSM4352PA Power loss signal

Yes you can! Laurent was faster - I was just checking the NETGEAR-BOXSERVICES-PRIVATE-MIB OIDs, too.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements