× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GSM7312 - Can I regain access? It looks like the management port is disabled, don't know IP

Sippy
Aspirant

GSM7312 - Can I regain access? It looks like the management port is disabled, don't know IP

I just inherited a GSM7312 L3 managed switch.  If I connect the VT100 terminal and start the switch it says

Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0

then all it shows is a cursor

=>

How can I gain access to the management interface?

Model: GSM7312|Gigabit Switches/Managed|EOL
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: GSM7312 - Can I regain access? It looks like the management port is disabled, don't know IP

@Sippy,

Have you tried to press "q" button while booting? Once you are in the boot menu, you may recover it using the backup image.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Sippy,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

Please make sure that you will reach the console of the switch. Please refer to this manual on page 3-1.

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
Sippy
Aspirant

When the switch powers up it stops at the point where it says

Press any key to stop boot

It never gets past this point, which leads me to believe there is no O/S

Either that or the management port is disabled in favor of browser management if that is possible.

Message 3 of 6
Sippy
Aspirant

I am viewing this from the console port connected to my PC using PuTTy VT100 terminal emulation.

Message 4 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@Sippy,

Have you tried to press "q" button while booting? Once you are in the boot menu, you may recover it using the backup image.

Regards,

Message 5 of 6
Sippy
Aspirant

I purchased a new cable, and things went well after that!  Doh!

Model: GSM7312|Gigabit Switches/Managed|EOL
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements