× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GSM7312 upgrade

TheGrave
Aspirant

GSM7312 upgrade

Hi,

I have a GSM7312 running a very old software version - 3.0.3.2. Latest available version is 6.2.0.14. In the release notes there isn't a word about proper upgrade paths. So questions:

1) Is it safe to go from version 3 to version 6?

2) Do I need to do a factory reset or something after the upgrade? I know a lot of devices change config formats and mess up their configs if not resetted.

3) Is there any official support channel for business devices besides this community btw?

Cheers

Message 1 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GSM7312 upgrade

@TheGrave,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Just to verify.  Is your switch model really a GSM7312?  It is because there is no firmware v3.0.3.2 for the GSM7312.  As reference, kindly check the GSM7312 Firmware and Software Downloads page here

The firmware v3.0.3.2 is for the GS108Tv1 (v = version).  As reference, kindly check the GS108Tv1 Firmware and Software Downloads page here

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
TheGrave
Aspirant

I'm fairly sure:

https://ibb.co/VBKzFc4

I'm also fairly sure a direct upgrade to 6.x will brick it:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Managed-Switches/GSM7312-Bricked/td-p/1278434

Support team tells me "we can't provide you 5.x, go for the lowest 6.x and upgrade sequentially to the latest version". I don't think I'll play this game of poker 🙂

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@TheGrave,

Thanks for the link to the old thread. 🙂 

The link to the old firmware versions for the GSM7312 were removed. However, I found the link to the GSM7312 firmware v5.1.1.3.  Kindly download it here and upgrade the switch firmware.  Afterwards, do a ladderized upgrade to firmware v6.0.0.15 up to the latest firmware which is v6.2.0.14. 

Note: Please read the instructions and release notes on the zip file. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
TheGrave
Aspirant

Yep, support team found it as well 🙂 The thing is that in 6.2.x release notes there is nothing about upgrade paths, etc. so I was worried for a reason. We'll buy a backup switch before we attempt any upgrades, that is for sure.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements