× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GSM7352S bricked

jhunley
Aspirant

GSM7352S bricked

I purchased a used GSM7352Sv2 (V2H1) that worked fine when I first powered it up.  One of the first things I tried to do was upgrade to the latest firmware (10.0.0.52), carefully following the procedure in the release notes.  The upgrade appeared to work, but when it tried to reboot to the new image, it wouldn't come up.  Now, upon applying power, the fans come on, the power LED is amber, the fan, M1, and M2 LEDs are green, the LEDs for channels 49 and 50 (the SFP+ channels) are amber, and the ID shows 1.  It never progresses past this point.  Nothing ever happens on the console port (there are no LEDs lit on my serial-to-USB cable, indicating the console port is never turned on), and pressing the reset button on the front panel does nothing (I've tried pressing it, pressing it and holding it for 10+ seconds, and holding it down as power is applied).  HELP!!!

Model: GSM7352Sv2|ProSAFE 48-port Managed L3 Gigabit Stackable Switch
Message 1 of 5
jhunley
Aspirant

Re: GSM7352S bricked

After further research, I also tried the 30-30-30 reset.  That didn't work either.

Message 2 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @jhunley,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Kindly access the following articles below and see if it helps:

What do I do when my FSM / GSM managed switch does not boot up?

M4100: Boot Menu

What to do when my managed switch does not boot

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 5
jhunley
Aspirant

Thank you for responding.  Yes, I've read each of those articles, but none of them applies.  As I stated, my unit never gets to the point of communicating over the console port.  It appears the boot loader is not even starting, or crashes before it initializes the console port hardware.  I was hoping the LED configuration would mean something to somebody, as it comes up this way when power is applied and never changes.

Message 4 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@jhunley,

Thanks for the feedback.  

Nothing ever happens on the console port (there are no LEDs lit on my serial-to-USB cable, indicating the console port is never turned on)

Have you tried using a serial cable instead of serial-to-USB cable as well as using another PC/laptop that has a serial port in order to isolate the problem?  If ever you have already tried it and still same problem, then it seems that the GSM7352Sv2 switch needs to be replaced.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements