× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Global L2 Loop Protection question on M4300-52G-PoE+

TedW
Aspirant

Global L2 Loop Protection question on M4300-52G-PoE+

I was testing the L2 Loop Protection capability of my M4300-52G-PoE+ stack by connecting ports 4/0/1 and 4/0/5 together, and the protection seemed to work great, putting port 4/0/1 in a D-Disable state.

My question is, after correcting such a state by disconnecting the loop, how do I go about taking the port out of a D-Disable state and putting it back into an Enable state?  I see no option to reenable the port via the browser GUI under Switching -> L2 Loop Protection and I'd like to know if the only way to renable the port is to completely reboot the entire stack?

Thanks,

TedW

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
TedW
Aspirant

Re: Global L2 Loop Protection question on M4300-52G-PoE+

Nevermind.  After doing some additional digging, I found the option to reenable the port under Switching -> Ports, so I was able to answer my own question.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
TedW
Aspirant

Nevermind.  After doing some additional digging, I found the option to reenable the port under Switching -> Ports, so I was able to answer my own question.

Message 2 of 3
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi TedW,

Thank you for sharing the solution to the community! We look forward hearing more solutions and being helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements