× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Gs308e

ZTK
Follower
Follower

Gs308e

I have the Nighthawk MR60 and a GS308E managed switch.  I have very little knowledge as far as network set up, specifically I need to set up a separate VLAN for a VoLP phone.  The phone has not been working properly and the provider is just now telling me, (8 months later) certain ports are closed that need to be opened.  I have computers on the same network.  I have been trying to research and understand the process for a few weeks now and my head is spinning.  I don't know the correct settings for this process.

#Nighthawk MR60#GS308E

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Gs308e

@ZTK wrote:

I need to set up a separate VLAN for a VoLP phone. 

Don't think this is required - unless you have a larger, more complex network environment.

@ZTK wrote:

The phone has not been working properly and the provider is just now telling me, (8 months later) certain ports are closed that need to be opened. 

Most phones handle this automatically using UPnP PMP, and other sophisticated mechanisms.

@ZTK wrote:

#Nighthawk MR60#GS308E

Don't want to destroy your idea - however most consumer mesh systems like the MRx0 don't do multi-network and VLAN support.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements