× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Gsm7224p not web interface

vanya-sky
Aspirant

Gsm7224p not web interface

I removed the “U” and “T” label on the Vlan of my ports. My web interface now does not work. What to do? My switch GSM7224p
Model: GSM7224P|ProSafe 24 ports gigabit managed L2 switch with PoE
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
msi
Luminary
Luminary

If you have powered off the switch it might well be that the configuration wasn't saved but was only applied in the so-called "running-config".
When that running configuration isn't save and the switch gets rebooted, all changes done without saving it afterwards get lost.

Concerning you post about doing a factory reset: You can do this over a serial console, but you wouldn't need to. Once you have a serial console  working, you could have reconfigured the misconfigured port config later without losing the complete config.

You can export/backup the configuration of the switch via both Web and command line interfaces, this is also outlined in the manual.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
vanya-sky
Aspirant

Can the Smart control center help me?
Message 2 of 8
msi
Luminary
Luminary

Unlikely, your best bet likely is the use fo the serial console. The GSM7224P has both a DB9 and a Mini USB port for this (don't forget the switch near the Mini USB port on the front panel). Chances are it is easier for you to get a Mini USB to USB A cable than a DB9 port, but you'll need a driver depending on your OS. You'll have to use a console utility such as PuTTY (Windows/Linux), GTKTerm (Linux) or Teraterm Pro (Windows).

You'll have to read a the M4100's CLI manual in order to get the VLAN participation and likely PVID back to what it was before. Also don't forget that on these switches changing anything on the CLI is only a runtime change, don't forget to write the config to the startup-config / nvram.

Message 3 of 8
vanya-sky
Aspirant

I tried connecting usb to the console. My computer shows a driver error "2102 usd to uart bridge controller" is not installed. Is there another way?
Message 4 of 8
msi
Luminary
Luminary

Hi

You didn't tell on which OS you are (Windows, Mac, Linux) I'm guessing Windows, thus you'll need the USB Console driver from the Download section: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/M4100-24G-POEPlus%20(GSM7224P).aspx

This is also where you can find the CLI guide in the documentation section. Read it 🙂

Once that driver is installed, open the Device Manager (devmgmt.msc) and check which COM-Port it is (COMx where x is that new UART port). You'll have to read up how using a serial console works with i.e. PuTTY works and enter the COM-Port and baud rate correctly. Usually on the GSM7224P it is 115200. If that little switch next to the mini USB port is not in the position USB, you won't be able to enter commands.

For example: https://store.chipkin.com/articles/using-putty-for-serial-com-connections-hyperterminal-replacement/
There are other tutorial on the internet 🙂

If you power down the switch and connect to the serial console using PuTTY shortly after powering it  up and the baud rate and port are correctly configured, you'll see the startup process of the switch which will end up in a login prompt. If you don't want to reboot the switch, hitting enter at least once should give you that login prompt to.

Message 5 of 8
vanya-sky
Aspirant

Yes, my OS is WINDOWS. I will install this driver and try the factory reset.
Message 6 of 8
vanya-sky
Aspirant

Miracles. I arrived at the switch two days later, vlan1 "untag" was tagged. And the web interface has earned. I did not do anything.
Message 7 of 8
msi
Luminary
Luminary

If you have powered off the switch it might well be that the configuration wasn't saved but was only applied in the so-called "running-config".
When that running configuration isn't save and the switch gets rebooted, all changes done without saving it afterwards get lost.

Concerning you post about doing a factory reset: You can do this over a serial console, but you wouldn't need to. Once you have a serial console  working, you could have reconfigured the misconfigured port config later without losing the complete config.

You can export/backup the configuration of the switch via both Web and command line interfaces, this is also outlined in the manual.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements