× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

HTTP admin unavailable from external network

JohnMay
Aspirant

HTTP admin unavailable from external network

I've got a GSM7224v2 managed switch where the admin interface has gone deaf when trying to access from outside of my network.  If I access from an internal machine on a different port than the upstream port, I can get to it.

Has anyone seen this before?  I looked through the whole interface but found no mention of a block or way to clear it.  Is there some way to clear this issue without completely rebooting the switch?  Thanks for any help!

- John

Model: GSM7224v2|ProSafe 24 ports gigabit L2 managed switch
Message 1 of 2
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: HTTP admin unavailable from external network

@JohnMay,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

If I access from an internal machine on a different port than the upstream port, I can get to it.

Has anyone seen this before?  I looked through the whole interface but found no mention of a block or way to clear it.  Is there some way to clear this issue without completely rebooting the switch? 

Kindly try to disable then re-enable the port.  Then, check if the same problem will occur on that same port.

What is the current firmware version of the GSM7224v2?  If ever it is not yet the latest version, I suggest you to update it.  The latest firmware version is v8.0.1.36 and you can download it here.  Then, check if the same problem will occur. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements