× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Have a GS724T on the network. Cannot find it via default IP, does not show up on the smart control

X78rd
Aspirant

Have a GS724T on the network. Cannot find it via default IP, does not show up on the smart control

Have a GS724T on the network. Cannot find it via default IP, does not show up on the smart control tool. 
I cant find it via ARP. 
How do I connect to this thing? I inherited it and its all set up - I dont know how its set up so I CANNOT factory reset it.

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Have a GS724T on the network. Cannot find it via default IP, does not show up on the smart contr

Not sure why you can't factory reset it. 

If you don't know how its setup, starting back at factory is a reasonable option. 

Message 2 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: Have a GS724T on the network. Cannot find it via default IP, does not show up on the smart contr

Switch models with the GS724T designations exist for about 20 years.

The configuration could prohibit almost anything - discovery, network access, management UI access e.g. on select ports or VLANs only, and much more. Send a crystal ball.

Message 3 of 4
X78rd
Aspirant

Understood. I guess I have no choice. Thanks for the input! 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements