× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Home Network Setup Advice Please

gaz2018
Follower

Home Network Setup Advice Please

Hi, having problems with my home setup...I have a Virgin Hub3 modem/router connected to a Netgear GS724v4 which provides internet connections (RJ45 ports) throughout the home; on one connection (on another floor) I have a Apple airport timecapsule providing Wi-Fi access. The other ports connect a range of other electronic such as TV, sound system, cameras etc. I recently changed the modem/router and now it doesn't work. I think its because, and I'm not technical, I have too much DHCP happening in the setup. Could someone please advise on the setup please?

Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Home Network Setup Advice Please

Hi @gaz2018,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

It might be possible that the GS724Tv4 switch has a static IP address set in it that is not within the DHCP range of the new modem/router.  Connect a PC directly to the LAN port of new modem/router then check the IP address that it will obtain in order for you to know what static IP address that you will set to the GS724Tv4 switch.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Home Network Setup Advice Please

@gaz2018,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Were you able to follow the suggestion? 

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements