× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to Update POE-firmware on M5300-POE

oheli1
Aspirant

How to Update POE-firmware on M5300-POE

Hello community,

my stack consists of 7 devices mixed with M5300 and GSM7352Sv2.

I noticed that two of the three M5300-POE have an older POE-firmware (1.4.0.3 instead of 1.7.03).

I couldn't find a way to update them.

All stack-members are at the firmware-version 10.0.0.53, which is unfortunately the last possible firmware in a mixed stack.

I expected that everything would be brought up to date with the update and not only the "main-firmware".

How can I get them to the new POE-firmware.

Any idea?

Best regards,

Eli

Model: M5300-28G_POE+ (GSM7228PSv1h2)|ProSAFE 24+4 L2+ Gigabit Stackable Managed Switch, M5300-52G-POE+ (GSM7252PSv1h2)|Prosafe 48+4 L2+ POE Stackable Managed Switch
Message 1 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@oheli1,

You can manually update the firmware of the switch by copying the firmware from the master stack. You just need to identify the stack ID of the switch in order for you to assign it.

You may check this article.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
oheli1
Aspirant

Hello John

I've already tried that before with no succees.

But on your word I'll tried it again and also restarted the switch

-> but it failed again.

POE-firmware still on version 1.4.0.3

As I mentioned: The main-firmware of all stacks currently is the same: 10.0.0.53
-> only POE-firmware differs ...

Any other idea?

Model: M5300-28G_POE+ (GSM7228PSv1h2)|ProSAFE 24+4 L2+ Gigabit Stackable Managed Switch
Message 3 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@oheli1,

If that is the case then we may need to remove the switch from the stack and manually update its firmware in order for it to be running on the same versions as the others.

You may also need to reboot all the switches on a stack once you reconnect those switches so that it will re-elect its master.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements