× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to add multiple clients with fixed IP address into only 1 DHCP pool on M4300-12X12F?

JACK-THINK
Guide

How to add multiple clients with fixed IP address into only 1 DHCP pool on M4300-12X12F?

I want to assign fixed IP to 12 clients connected to the switch M4300 by its built-in DHCP server. But, in the Software Administration Manual of M4300, both method of CLI and method of GUI just show me how to add only 1 client to the so-called 'pool_manual'. (Page 488-490, Software Administration Manual 12.0.8). I tried very hard to find a way to add 1 more client to the existing 'pool_manual' in GUI, but I failed. So please show me how to add multiple clients with fixed IP address to the 'manual pool' of the built-in DHCP Server.

Model: XSM4324S|M4300-12X12F - Stackable Managed Switch with 24x10G including 12x10GBASE-T and 12xSFP+ Layer 3
Message 1 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: How to add multiple clients with fixed IP address into only 1 DHCP pool on M4300-12X12F?

@JACK-THINK

Welcome to the community!:) 

It seems that you want to reserve an IP Address, am I right?  If yes, I'm afraid to inform you that there is no option to reserve IP Addresses on the M4300 switch and on any NETGEAR Switch models.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team  

Message 2 of 5
JACK-THINK
Guide

Re: How to add multiple clients with fixed IP address into only 1 DHCP pool on M4300-12X12F?

Thanks a lot. But I have some different opinions. Software Administration Manual
for M4300 states clearly that M4300 can "Configure a DHCP Server that Assigns a
Fixed IP Address
" on Page 488, but just 1 MAC-IP mapping for each 'manual_pool'. I wonder if there's some way to add multiple MAC-IP mappings in one pool. And is it feasible to create a DHCP manual pool for each MAC-IP mapping? Thanks a lot.

Model: XSM4324S|M4300-12X12F - Stackable Managed Switch with 24x10G including 12x10GBASE-T and 12xSFP+ Layer 3
Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@JACK-THINK,

I wonder if there's some way to add multiple MAC-IP mappings in one pool. And is it feasible to create a DHCP manual pool for each MAC-IP mapping? Thanks a lot.

It would be best that you post your concern as feature request in the Idea Exchange for Business board here.  In this way, the development team can see what feature does users wanted to be added to the functionality of the M4300 switch. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team 

Message 4 of 5
JACK-THINK
Guide

@DaneA 

Thanks a lot. I have submitted a feature request here following the link you gave.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements