× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to get the GSM model number from the M4300 gui?

boe
Aspirant
Aspirant

How to get the GSM model number from the M4300 gui?

Hello,

It may be smacking me in the face but I'm in the web management for a m4300.  I'd like to verify if it is the PS or PB model with more power. 

Can you tell me where I might find the gsm4352PB-100nes or GSM4328PB in the web management gui?   It has the latest firmware if that matters.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Re: How to get the GSM model number from the M4300 gui?

Hi @boe,

In fact this is the same switch, only different power supplies. The PA version is a bundle with the switch and one APS550W PSU. The PB version is a bundle with the switch and one APS1000W PSU. The switch itself is M4300-52G-PoE+ (product family GSM4352PS).

In the GUI, you can first see which PSU unit is installed in the switch (APS550W, this was PA ordering SKU version; APS1000W , this was PB ordering SKU version).

Next you can go to System/PoE, and look at the PoE budget. If more than 480W PoE budget, this was the PB ordering version.

I hope this helps,
Message 2 of 4
boe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks  - So I'm in the poe and I see that this  M4300-28G-PoE+ has  an APS1000W - total available power 700w.

That is how I know it is not the PS unit but nowhere will it explicitly say that it is a GSM...?

Message 3 of 4
boe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks!  I didn't see the word poe budget on any of the POE pages but it does have the info which indicates it has over 500w.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements