× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to specify a VLAN to monitor in M4100-26-POE managed switch ?

abushqer
Follower

How to specify a VLAN to monitor in M4100-26-POE managed switch ?

Hello,

Port mirroring, which is also known as port monitoring, selects network traffic that you can analyze with a network analyzer, such as a SwitchProbe device or other Remote Monitoring (RMON) probe.

This command configures a probe port and a monitored port for monitor session (port monitoring). Use the source interface <unit/slot/port> parameter to specify the interface to monitor. Use rx to monitor only ingress packets, or use tx to monitor only egress packets. If you do not specify an {rx | tx} option, the destination port monitors both ingress and egress packets. Use the destination interface <unit/slot/port> to specify the interface to receive the monitored traffic. 

Format : 
monitor session <session-id> {source interface <unit/slot/port> [{rx | tx}] | destination interface <unit/slot/port> | mode}

Mode : 

Global Config

The most important point is, how can I specify the some VLAN to monitor in M4100-26-POE managed switch ? 

I want to monitor  a VLAN traffic.

I hope for help.

Thank You 

Model: M4100-26-PoE (FSM7226P)|ProSAFE 26-port Fully Managed L2 Switch with PoE
Message 1 of 2
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: How to specify a VLAN to monitor in M4100-26-POE managed switch ?

Hi abushqer,

Welcome to our community!

In order for you to specifically monitor a VLAN, you may need to use SNMP. 

Regards,

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements