× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Info about stack technology on m4300

it_user1
Aspirant

Info about stack technology on m4300

Hi, the m4300 series use a stack technology like cisco stackwise plus therefore a local switching,  or like "old school" the packet need to go through all ring stack even if the 2 ports are on the same switch?

stackplus.JPG

i'm looking for replace old 3750e but i need to know this info to understand the right stack over-subscription

thanks

Andrea

p.s: please apologize my english

Model: XSM4348S|M4300-24X24F - Stackable Managed Switch with 48x10G including 24x10GBASE-T and 24xSFP+ Layer 3
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Info about stack technology on m4300

Hi @it_user1 

Welcome to the community!

Netgear switch will do local switching in scenario stack topology, and shortest?path priority when forwarding traffic across more than 3 device stacking.

However when deal with multicast and broadcast traffic, it will forward to stacking port?additional.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

EricZ
NETGEAR employee

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi @it_user1 

Welcome to the community!

Netgear switch will do local switching in scenario stack topology, and shortest?path priority when forwarding traffic across more than 3 device stacking.

However when deal with multicast and broadcast traffic, it will forward to stacking port?additional.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

EricZ
NETGEAR employee

Message 2 of 3
it_user1
Aspirant

ok, thank you

Andrea

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors