× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is the M4300-12x12F available with reverse airflow?

mortepa
Follower

Is the M4300-12x12F available with reverse airflow?

Is the M4300-12x12F available in a reverse airflow format?  If not, what are some ideas to help keep airflow uniform in the rack if we mount the switch in reverse?

Model: XSM7224S|ProSAFE 24-port Managed 10G Stackable fiber Switch
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Is the M4300-12x12F available with reverse airflow?

Hi Mortepa

Welcome to the Community and thank you for looking at the excellent M4300-12X12F 24-port 10G half-width switch. Currently we don't have option for back-to-front (reverse) airflow in our M4300 Layer 3, Stackable Switch Series. M4300 fixed fans and modular PSUs are <<front-to-back>> only. Changing this would not only affect fans, but also the PSU units. I hope we'll have such reverse airflow models in the future. For now, if you were to mount the switch in reverse (front of the switch on the back of your rack), I am afraid the heat would go in wrong direction if the cold aile is on the front of your rack, both for the switch itself and the rest of your rack. At this point, I can only advise we mount the switch on the front of your rack, and use wiring across the rack. 

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Is the M4300-12x12F available with reverse airflow?

Hi Mortepa

Welcome to the Community and thank you for looking at the excellent M4300-12X12F 24-port 10G half-width switch. Currently we don't have option for back-to-front (reverse) airflow in our M4300 Layer 3, Stackable Switch Series. M4300 fixed fans and modular PSUs are <<front-to-back>> only. Changing this would not only affect fans, but also the PSU units. I hope we'll have such reverse airflow models in the future. For now, if you were to mount the switch in reverse (front of the switch on the back of your rack), I am afraid the heat would go in wrong direction if the cold aile is on the front of your rack, both for the switch itself and the rest of your rack. At this point, I can only advise we mount the switch on the front of your rack, and use wiring across the rack. 

Regards,

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements