× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: LACP configration

sachinc
Aspirant

LACP configration

Hi Team,

I have 2 model Switch & NAS & I want to configured LACP on NAS & Switch Please guide how to configured LACP.

for 4 eth port -1 LACP 

for 2SFP port - 1LACP....Please guide.

Model :- Netgear Ready Nas RR4312X
Netgear GS752TX

Model: S3300-52X (GS752TX)|ProSafe 48 ports stackable smart switches
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

You don't do LAG for the single copy session - much more you do LAG to have more aggregated bandwidth available for many concurrent sessions.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Message 2 of 9
sachinc
Aspirant

Hi Sir,

What is diffrence between LAG VS LACP.

If i wnat to configured LACP then Ist i need to config LAG and then LACP or directly config LACP ..pls guide

Message 3 of 9
schumaku
Guru

LAG is the generic industry standard designation for Link Aggregation Groups ... aka. trunk, trunking, link bonding, ...  FMI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link_aggregation

LACP is the Link Aggregation Control Protocol used in the 802.3ad standard (formally moved to IEEE 802.1ax) Link Aggregation Protocol. Most of the world does continue talking of 802.3ad and LACP.  Both ends (the NAS and the switch for your subject configuration) must be configured the same way (NAS and switch). And each LAG must be a dedicated LAG.

This 802.3ad with LACP LAG is a dynamic protocol, while any other kind of LAG static trunks or static bonding or static - less common nowadays.

Message 4 of 9
schumaku
Guru

Message 5 of 9
sachinc
Aspirant

Dir Sir,

Thanks for guide... 1more query.

What will be the spped after LACP configration.

Reday nas 4gig port link bound and config 1 static IP .... LAG1

Reay NAS 2 10G SFP port link bound & config 1 static IP...LAG 2

If i will copy 9gb file on NAS waht will be copied speed for 1gig & on 10gig after LACP configration..

Message 6 of 9
schumaku
Guru

You don't do LAG for the single copy session - much more you do LAG to have more aggregated bandwidth available for many concurrent sessions.

Message 7 of 9
sachinc
Aspirant

Sir,

What will be max copy spped ? on 1 Gig & 10Gig.

how to explain customer.

Message 8 of 9
schumaku
Guru

Permitting the systems on both ends have the capability - with a 10G on one end, and a LAG with multiple 1G links :

One copy session can go up to the GbE bandwidth.
Two concurrent copy sessions can go up to two interfaces GbE bandwidth.
Three concurrent copy sessions can go up to three interfaces GbE bandwidth.

If you have sold the customer that he would reach up to 4Gb it was pure marketing. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements