× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

LAG problem with m4300-52G switch

oheymanns
Aspirant

LAG problem with m4300-52G switch

Hello Community, i have a strange problem with my M4300-52G stack. We have a 4xStack and a 2xStack and since the update to the latest FW 12.0.7.17 we have on both stacks problems with LAG. Randomly the server on a LAG lost the connection to the network. Only clients on the same intra-vlan subnetz can access the server. I cannot reproduce it. To solve the problem, we need to make a cable test on one port of the LAG. The support told me that i need to make a downgrade of the firmware and start with an incremental update till the latest firmware 12.0.17.7. That is not practical in a production environment. Has somebody else the same problem? Do you need more information? Thanks!
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
oheymanns
Aspirant

Re: LAG problem with m4300-52G switch

Hi DaneA,

"Static Mode" was not the solution. I am in contact with the support and i have send him all the informations. Regards

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@oheymanns,

How about doing the incremental firmware upgrade during non-production hours like on weekends or holidays?  

May we know the support ticket number since you already contacted NETGEAR Support?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
oheymanns
Aspirant

Hello DaneA,

thanks for the support!

The company works 24/7 a year, we have only two slots a year for maintenance. Now it has even gotten so bad that every 10 minutes the server goes offline. Luckily, the customer doesn't notice anything because the traffic works in the intra-vlan. My case number -> 46440776. Thanks!

Message 3 of 6
oheymanns
Aspirant

Hi DaneA,

one more thing, if i change the option "Static Mode" to enable, the server goes online. Let's see for how long...

Message 4 of 6
oheymanns
Aspirant

Hi DaneA,

"Static Mode" was not the solution. I am in contact with the support and i have send him all the informations. Regards

Message 5 of 6
oheymanns
Aspirant

Hi,

we changed from LACP to dynamic. For now i can live we that solution. Thanks!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements