× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Looking for a product that will give me two speerate LANs.

Sonic007
Aspirant

Looking for a product that will give me two speerate LANs.

Hi everyone,

I currently have a SkyQ ADSL router and am looking for a way to have two seperate local networks coming off it. Is there either a switch that I can connect to the router that will let me seperate ports into two seperate lans (I'm guessing with VLANS) or a dedicated router that will let me have two sperate networks on it.

The networks must not be able to communicate.

I cant use the guest mode routers as from what I've seen that only offers Guest Wifi and not ethernet.

Your thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks.

So ideally I want to do this:

Sky router 

I

Switch / Router with 2 LANS

I

Lan1 - Network 1

Lan2 - Network 2

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Looking for a product that will give me two speerate LANs.

Does the Sky router allow the configuration of two or more dedicated ip subnets - either port-based, or VLAN based?

Of course you can add a VLAN capable switch, but there must be some more infrastructure handling e.g. the DHCP services for the "other" VLAN (beyond the normal/basic LAN).

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Sonic007
Aspirant

Anyone?

Message 2 of 4
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

this is wrong forum.

Please post in switches forum for getting better feedback.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Managed-Switches/bd-p/business-managed-switches

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Does the Sky router allow the configuration of two or more dedicated ip subnets - either port-based, or VLAN based?

Of course you can add a VLAN capable switch, but there must be some more infrastructure handling e.g. the DHCP services for the "other" VLAN (beyond the normal/basic LAN).

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements